Welcome to Minneapolis
Land of 10,000 (Refreshing) Lakes

It's summer.

It's the best place in the world to be.  The City of Lakes, Bikes and Beer are in active form and the fleshy, shirtless Minnesotans remind us of this.

As long as my wireless covers the back porch, I'll keep you in the loop of this wonderment.



Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Back to School

A few weeks ago I signed up for an informational session of the MBA program at the University of St. Thomas in Minneapolis.  Today, my Outlook notified me at noon I had the 5:30 appointment.

Work is rocking right now and didn't even feel like I lifted my head above my keyboard for more than a sporadic 20 minutes throughout the day, so I didn't surprise myself when I looked at clock after emerging from one of the conference rooms and it was 5:45.

After walking ten blocks, going into the wrong building, finally finding the correct room only to find a Sharpie note stuck to the outside - "Info meeting in 127 moved to 332" - I figured it was a miracle I made it to the meeting at all.

I caught about 20 minutes of discussion from, what I'm assuming, was one of the MBA administration people.  My timing was impeccable, as the PowerPoint seagueway was "Preparing for Your Time Commitment."

More questions were left than answers as I walked out with the customary ugly folder and information packet.  I proceeded toward an exit, with my thoughts on the impending bus ride.  I immediately knew I had taken an incorrect stairwell, because as the door closed behind me I heard a heavy click.  I spent the next five minutes figuring out which door wouldn't set off the fire alarm.

Wrong building.  Late for class.  Locked in stairwell.  And a bus ride.

Sounds like I'm signing up to be a freshman again.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment