Welcome to Minneapolis
Land of 10,000 (Refreshing) Lakes

It's summer.

It's the best place in the world to be.  The City of Lakes, Bikes and Beer are in active form and the fleshy, shirtless Minnesotans remind us of this.

As long as my wireless covers the back porch, I'll keep you in the loop of this wonderment.



Monday, January 12, 2009

Resume Dreaming

Deep breath.


I'm back in the dream shed after 17 (..ah..) days traveling to Oahu to visit my sister, Amanda, over the the holiday and then to Kaua'i for 8 days of hiking, kayaking, beaching and surfing.

With more rest than I knew what to do with, I returned to work today to find people frequently checking in on my pulse.

Never, in all of ever, have I had a such a long break of time where the biggest decision of the day was whether to take my rum drink to the beach in flip-flops or bare feet.

With more rest than I knew what to do with, I returned to work today to exercise my right as "Annoying Vacation Office Guy" as co-workers checked in on my pulse.

All day I tried repeatedly to come up with the seven word answer to the "So, how's was your trip?" but it just couldn't effectively be done.

"An epic, resounding and magically inspirational experience." came close, but at the end of the conversation you just can't put into words what an 8 mile hike on the Kalalau Trail along Na Pali coast and through a rainforest to an 800 foot waterfall actually makes you feel.

I was fortunate enough to have so many great experiences I'll have to share them bit by bit with stories and images.  I'm trying to get everything put onto Flickr and will put the link out once I do.  Three full memory cards do wonders for uploading.

As I looked out the window today and watch Minneapolis receive a whiteout, I had inclinations to book a one way for the next trip.

Good to be back.


No comments:

Post a Comment