Welcome to Minneapolis
Land of 10,000 (Refreshing) Lakes

It's summer.

It's the best place in the world to be.  The City of Lakes, Bikes and Beer are in active form and the fleshy, shirtless Minnesotans remind us of this.

As long as my wireless covers the back porch, I'll keep you in the loop of this wonderment.



Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Move

Aly and I have been knee deep in boxes full of knicknacks, bowls and t-shirts pre-dating Clinton's first term.

Nothing makes you want to purge all of your worldly possessions quite like moving.

Lifting box after box, I found myself keeping a mental list of my possessions I would consider a "must move."

Not many items made the list.

At first I was sad about this.  Then as I thought, I wondered how much crap people accumulate and drag about their life that has no meaning or value.  Probably more than they are willing to admit.  Or even realize...until you have to move it.

If my apartment was on fire, Aly and Otis were safe and I had the opportunity to grab items that had to be saved, they would be:

1. My grandfather's mid century tobacco chest
2. Bootsie - my early 80s La-Z-Boy recliner
3. My dad's 1980 ten speed Schwinn

A debatable fourth would be my trunk of photographs.  But, honestly, that thing is fricking heavy.


No comments:

Post a Comment