Welcome to Minneapolis
Land of 10,000 (Refreshing) Lakes

It's summer.

It's the best place in the world to be.  The City of Lakes, Bikes and Beer are in active form and the fleshy, shirtless Minnesotans remind us of this.

As long as my wireless covers the back porch, I'll keep you in the loop of this wonderment.



Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Local Coverage

Ross' Restaurant was our local late night diner hangout growing up. I've chronicled Ross' environment and my experiences there in my personal notebooks, and still need to transfer items here.

To say Ross' is a distinctive environment is a gross understatement.

I recieved an email today, with the below Q/A courtesy of my long-time friend, Petey, who I grew up with in Eastern Iowa.



Q: How do you know you are from a small town?

A: The hometown newspaper provides Presidential Inauguration coverage from Ross' lunch counter.



To me, the severity of hull-arity lies in the call outs to the "garage-sale buy TV" and Ron "figuring" some of his customers would want to see the oath.

Another great follow-up to the story - while Obama was campaigning this fall, he made a stop in the Quad Cities and spoke to Ron and Cynthia (below).




If Cynthia explaining Ross' infamous Magic Mountain to the soon be President of the United States doesn't make you smile with small town fervor, I don't know what would.


No comments:

Post a Comment