Welcome to Minneapolis
Land of 10,000 (Refreshing) Lakes

It's summer.

It's the best place in the world to be.  The City of Lakes, Bikes and Beer are in active form and the fleshy, shirtless Minnesotans remind us of this.

As long as my wireless covers the back porch, I'll keep you in the loop of this wonderment.



Thursday, March 26, 2009

Smokin' Busy


I wanted to share this with you because it makes me happy. Stepping back to the days when cigarettes made you better at everything.

Cyclists, and the broader public, used to see cigarettes as miracle sticks.

Look younger!

Be cool!

Lose weight!

Messages and beliefs, I can only assume, created and reinforced by ancestors of my industry - advertising.

In the case above, cyclists believed smoking opened up their lungs. Which would result in more oxygen intake. Which would result in more energy to your muscles. Which would result in a faster, stronger rider.

It actually resulted in polluted lungs. Which resulted in killing blood vessels. Which resluted in hightened cases of emphysema. Which resulted in heightened number of deaths.

Eh. C'est la vie.

No comments:

Post a Comment