Welcome to Minneapolis
Land of 10,000 (Refreshing) Lakes

It's summer.

It's the best place in the world to be.  The City of Lakes, Bikes and Beer are in active form and the fleshy, shirtless Minnesotans remind us of this.

As long as my wireless covers the back porch, I'll keep you in the loop of this wonderment.



Monday, May 4, 2009

The Milk Handle

The checkout person always ask you if you would like your milk in a bag.

"I wonder why milk is the only item offered to be bagged or not bagged," I wondered outloud to myself yesterday.

I answered myself by saying, "well, milk has a built in handle and doesn't need to be placed in something else with a handle. Plus, if you would put it in a bag, it would take up such a large volume of bag space, it wouldn't even make much sense."

Then I asked, "True, but isn't the volume sacrific worth it as putting milk in a bag makes it easier to carry? Probably. The bag isn't cold and slippery, like the milk handle and more comforting to the touch."

Countering, "Right, but think about putting your milk in a bag and then having it sit in your truck or backseat while you drive home. The condensation would build up to the point of soaking the bag - which would easily tear - forcing you to carry the milk by the handle anyway and creating a moot decision of bag vs. no bag in the first place."

"Milk in no bag is probably the best decision," I decided to no one in particular, but myself.

"Definitely," I agreed.

No comments:

Post a Comment